13) What are my chances of having my gun rights restored?
Let’s be straightforward about this: there are no guarantees. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.
That being said, there are several factors that go into the success or failure of a petition to restore gun rights. For example:
- the nature of the original felony charges
- how old the felony charges are
- the individual's other criminal history
- the individual’s personal history, including employment and family history
- the individual’s character and reputation
- the city / county the petition will be filed in
- the judge who hears the case, etc.
During the initial consultation, we will discuss all of the details for your situation. At the end of that conversation, I will give you my assessment and answer any other questions that you have.